Pages

Friday 1 September 2017

Introduction  
In this text you will find out How to care for chicks.

At hay park school in Henderson class room 6 we have been learning about how to care for chicks. A lady, named jo, came into our classroom she told us everything about chicks. A chick is a type of bird that will grow into a chicken and it is known as a chick they are newly hatched.They come from fertilized eggs.

                        The Incubator
The incubator is for chicks to keep them warm to hatch.If I was a chick inside an incubator I would think that It was my home.When the chicks hatched they were playing.I think when they are having fun, the incubator is really warm because of the temperature which should be 37.7, when they get older they move into the brooder.

                         The Brooder
When they have finally hatched they moved into the brooder, the brooder has water and food for them. The water is called a water bell, when they get hungry they eat chick food because they need to protein. The brooder has a light  bulb to keep them warm and dry if chicks get wet they will get cold and they will die so we need to keep chicks warm and dry.


                Conclusion

When we were helping the chicks I was happy but it was a bit tricky to do. But it wasn't just me doing it my friends were helping me. They were supportive and helpful when we finished the chicks were magnificent and happy chicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment